Northern Nigeria Tourism (NNT) came alive in order to help promote and create a market for tourism in Northern Nigeria.
Nigeria as a country is historically and culturally blessed, coupled with uncountable tourist sites spread all over the country.
At NNT, our major focus is not only to create a market for tourism in Northern Nigeria, we are also working with major bodies, organisations, government and individuals to create tourism awareness, heritage conservation and sustainable development of the under-privileged rural region among the people of the northern region.
Northern Nigeria has a very vast landmass with lots of historical and cultural monuments that is worth seeing.
We are committed to promoting all these amazing places, not only to the potential foreign visitors but also to the tourists within the country. With your abundant support, we hope to put Northern Nigeria and Nigeria on the map of the world’s top tourist destination.
To use the region’s natural and heritage resources to foster the development of tourism in Northern Nigeria as a viable sector of the economy in a manner which compliments the scale, quality and unique features of the community.
Northern Nigeria Tourism will aimlessly work to make the region one of the preferred tourist destinations in the world and to maximise the economic potential of tourism for the region and its people.
To develop and implement a world class international tourism market strategy for Northern Nigeria.
In Pursuance of this, Northern Nigeria Tourism will:
1. Organise, package and manage various tours, festivals, exhibitions, events and carnivals.
2. Ensure that tourism is used as a tool for development.
3. Northern Nigeria Tourism board will foster the creation of employment and the generation of investment income so as to
enhance the viability and sustainability of Northern Nigeria.
4. Position Northern Nigeria as a five season cultural, agritourism, ecotourism, luxury, adventure and M.I.C.E
(meeting,incentives, conferences and exhibitions) destination.
5. Partner with all the Northern State Government to build a tourist friendly region.
6. Partner with both public and private bodies to give the tourist a uniquely rewarding experience in the region.
7. Reinforce tourist’s safety and security.
8. Adhere to the principle of responsible tourism.
9. Remove all obstacles to tourism growth in the region.
10. Northern Nigeria Tourism will work closely with a number of key partners to achieve our aims and objectives